Herbed Tomato Couscous Salad
Recipe Type: Dinner, Lunch
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, No-Cook Meals
Description No cook pasta salad
- 1⁄2 c couscous (whole wheat or regular)
- 1 T tomato powder
- 1⁄2 t italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 t kosher salt
- 1⁄4 t granulated sugar
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1⁄4 t onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1⁄2 c cool water
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- At home mix the couscous with the seasonings and pack into a pint freezer bag or sturdy sandwich bag. Pack the Parmesan cheese in a small bag and tuck the oil packet in with the bags.
- To prepare:
- Add the oil and water to the bag, stir well and let sit for 10 minutes to rehydrate. Stir well and add the cheese, mix in.
This cold salad can be made with hot water as well.[br]For tomato powder see http://www.packitgourmet.com/Tomato-Powder-p169.html – it can clump up but is easily powdered even through the freezer bag before you add the water.