Chickpea and Sweet Corn Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch
Cuisine: No Cook
Description No cook veg friendly “salad”.
- 1⁄4 c cooked and dehydrated garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 c freeze dried corn
- 1 T diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 T diced dried onions
- 1 1⁄2 oz packet shelf stable balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 3⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in pint freezer bag. Pack the dressing packet along with it.
- Add the cool water to the bag and seal tightly. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes or until rehydrated. You may prefer to let it sit for up to an hour if desired.
- Drain off any remaining water and stir in the dressing. Let sit for a couple minutes to meld the flavors.
You can buy ready to use garbanzo beans and the dressing packets online.[br]This can also be prepared hot, using very hot water to rehydrate the salad. Would taste great tossed with hot pasta or rice and Parmesan cheese.