Asian Chicken Slaw Wraps
Recipe Type: Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Crunchy and filling wraps
- 7 oz pouch chicken breast
- 4 soft taco size tortillas
- 2 c broccoli slaw
- 1⁄3 c natural chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 c rice vinegar
- 2 T lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1⁄2 t diced dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t red pepper flakes
- At home:
- Pack the tortillas in a gallon size freezer bag (they fit perfectly at the bottom of bear canister). Pack the slaw mix in a quart freezer bag.
- Mix the dressing up till well blended. Carefully put it into a sandwich bag or a plastic container.
- In camp:
- Open the chicken pouch up and add it to the peanut sauce, stirring in. Pour the sauce over the slaw in the slaw bag. Seal tightly and shake the bag to distribute the sauce. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes for the flavors to meld, then stir well.
- Divvy up on the tortillas, wrap up and enjoy.
- Makes 4 tortillas, will serve 2.
Broccoli slaw can be found in most grocery store produce departments in the bagged section. It is crisp and juicy – and holds up well on the trail for days. It often has broccoli, purple cabbage and carrots in it. You can substitute shredded coleslaw mix in as well.[br]This recipe was featured in the July/August 2010 issue of Washington Trails Magazine: http://www.wta.org/trail-news/magazine/archives/