Recipe Type: Dinner, Soups
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Hearty soup that can be customized.
- 1⁄3 c diced dried veggie blend
- 2 T bulgur
- 1⁄4 c angel hair pasta, crumbled up
- 2 t lower sodium vegetable boullion
- 1⁄4 t dried parsley
- 1⁄4 t dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic, powder or diced
- 1⁄4 t onion powder (not onion salt!)
- 2 c water
- At home pack all the dry ingredients in a small bag or quart freezer bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 2 cups hot water to the bag. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Insulated mug method:
- Ad the dry ingredients to your mug, add 2 cups boiling water. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Add the dry ingredients to the water in your pot. Bring to a boil, take off the stove and cover tightly. Let sit for 15 minutes. In cool temperatures use a pot cozy to keep warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, as desired or sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Make heartier by adding in a couple Tablespoons of precooked/dehydrated beans. To make for faster rehdyration time, whirl the dried vegetables in your blender or mini food chopper to make “flakes”, or use freeze-dried from Just Tomatoes.[br]For vegetable blend and beans see here:[br]http://www.harmonyhousefoods.com/Mixed-Vegetables_c_69.html[br]http://www.harmonyhousefoods.com/Dehydrated-Beans_c_2.html