Vegetable Rice Soup
Recipe Type: Dinner, Soups
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, One Pot Meals, Insulated Mug Method
Description Customizable veggie soup.
- 1⁄3 c instant rice
- 2 T vegetable soup mix (knorr)
- 1⁄4 c diced dehydrated vegetable blend
- 1 T crumbled dried mushrooms
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1⁄4 t worcestershire sauce powder
- 1⁄4 t diced dried garlic
- 2 c water
- At home pack all the dry ingredients in a small bag or quart freezer bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 2 cups hot water to the bag. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Insulated mug method:
- Ad the dry ingredients to your mug, add 2 cups boiling water. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Add the dry ingredients to the water in your pot. Bring to a boil, take off the stove and cover tightly. Let sit for 15 minutes. In cool temperatures use a pot cozy to keep warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, as desired or sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Find the Worcestershire sauce powder here:[br]http://www.packitgourmet.com/Worcestershire-Powder-p342.html (It is Vegan as far as we know)[br]Add anything else that sounds goods to make a heartier soup!