Trashy ‘Shroom Rice
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 cup instant rice, white or brown
- 5 Tbsp dry cream of mushroom mix
- Also take:
- 1¼ ounce bag potato chips
- FBC Method:
- Bring 1¼ cups water to a near boil, add to rice bag, stirring. Seal tightly and put in a FBC cozy, let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Cuff bag down, stir and top with crumbled potato chips.
- Insulated Mug Method:
- Bring 1¼ cups water to boil, add it to an insulated mug with dry ingredients, stir and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir and top with crumbled potato chips.
- One Pot Method:
- Bring 1¼ cups water to boil in a pot, add in rice mixture. Take off heat, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. In cooler temperatures or at altitude, use a pot cozy.
- Stir rice and top with the crushed potato chips.
If using brown rice, I recommend the one pot method, as it needs a little extra love, the hot pan and boiling water do the trick.[br]Weight of dry mix is 5½ ounces plus 1¼ ounces for the potato chips. On the potato chips? Lays works the best. Thin, greasy and salty……http://www.trailcooking.com/dry-mixes-seasonings/vegan-dry-cream-mushroom-soup-mix/[br]http://blog.trailcooking.com/2013/02/27/new-recipes-vegan-dry-cream-of-mushroom-soup-mix-trashy-shroom-rice/