Thermos Method Quinoa
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method
- 1 stainless steel bullet-style Thermos®, 17 ounce size
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Salt, if desired
- If in cold weather preheat your thermos by pouring in boiling water, let sit for 5 minutes. Drain off – you can use this water for a hot drink or for whatever.
- Meanwhile bring the cup of water to boil, add the quinoa to the thermos with it and salt if desired. Seal tightly and shake a couple of times. Ignore for 4 to 6 hours.
- Use a long-handled spoon to remove some of the quinoa, knock out the rest, into a clean bowl or sandwich bag, it will be nice and warm. Use as desired. Rinse the thermos out.
- Makes about 1½ cups cooked.