Thai Style Peanut Noodles
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, One Pot Meals, Insulated Mug Method
Description Quick spicy noodles
- 3 oz package ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 c peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 t sesame oil
- 1 t soy sauce
- 1 t diced dried onion
- 1⁄2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 T vinegar
- 2 c water
- At home pack the noodles in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack the sauce items in a snack size plastic bag.
- FBC and Insulated Mug Method:
- Bring 2 cups water to a near boil and take off the stove. Cover the noodles with around 1 1/2 cups, seal the bag tightly and put in a cozy for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the peanut mix, stirring in slowly till combined.
- Drain the noodles, toss with the sauce.
- One pot method:
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in your pot. Take out 1/2 cup and set aside. Add the ramen and cook for 3 minutes. Drain off any remaining water.
- Meanwhile add the 1/2 cup water to the peanut mix, stirring in slowly till combined.
- Toss the drained noodles with the sauce.
This is an adapted recipe from our first book:[br]http://www.trailcooking.com/store/freezer-bag-cooking-trail-food-made-si…[br]For the soy sauce and vinegar use packets from www.minimus.biz or powders from www.packitgourmet.com[br]Make this recipe gluten free by substituting in a package of rice noodle ramen (look in the Asian section of most grocery stores).[br][br]From Fat Head Carl:[br]used this as a basis for a modified version, added chicken[br]This is an excellent recipe. It’s the sesame oil that makes it awesome. [br][br]I added a can of chicken, a tsb of tamari, along with crushed peanuts, and since it was so cold out, I vacu-sealed “thai basil paste” and didn’t have to worry about spoilage (ginger, thai basil, lime, and if my tongue served me right, hot pepper). I got a little vacu-crazy, and added sesame seeds to it as well. It was excellent, and very filling.[br][br]Make this recipe, you wont be disappointed.