Thai Ginger Chicken Noodles
Description Rice noodle dish
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
- 1 pk rice noodle ramen (thai ginger flavor)
- 1 T dried diced carrots
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1 T dried shredded cabbage
- 1⁄8 t red pepper flakes
- 1 cn 3 to 5-ounces chicken
- 2 T shredded dried natural coconut
- 1 packet or 1 T coconut or olive oil
- 1 c water
- At home pack the noodles, half of the flavor packet and the dry vegetables in a quart freezer bag. Put the coconut in a small bag and place it and the chicken with the bag.
- Add the chicken and 1 cup near boiling water to the bag. Mix well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 5 minutes. Do not let sit to long, as the noodles can get mushy.
- Drain off any remaining water carefully, leaving a Tablespoon behind and stir in the other half of the flavor packet, along with the oil. Top with coconut and eat.
By adding half of the flavor packet first, the noodles get some flavor while "cooking" but you drain off some of it. The other half of the packet gives a flavor punch at the end. Overall, while I wouldn't recommend this for those on a low sodium diet the dish has reasonable amounts of sodium, about 800-1,000 for a very filling dish (depending on how much chicken used). This dish would also work well vegetarian. Leave the chicken out and add in cashews chopped up with the coconut. Yum!