Spicy Mussel Noodle Bowl
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Seafood pasta bowl
- 4 oz cooked and dehydrated pasta
- 2 T diced dried onion
- 2 T diced sun-dried tomato
- 1 T diced dried bell pepper
- 1 t dried garlic
- 1 t low sodium chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 1 ds saffron, dried parsley, ground black pepper
- 1 pk smoked mussels
- 1 single serving summer sausage
- Pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer bag, pack with the mussels and sausage.
- Add the mussels and diced up sausage and near boiling water to cover. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- If first night, replace sausage with cooked chorizo or sliced kielbasa. Also, ½ cup of white wine added is nice if you carry wine with you.
Perk’s recipes use the “cover with water” method. A 1:1 ratio of water to dry ingredients is a good guide, adding more as needed.