Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Warming mashed potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 c instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 c dry milk
- 2 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 2 t diced dried onion
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 t dried thyme
- 1⁄8 t turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home mix the ingredients well, then divide into pint freezer or sandwich bags. 1 cup dry mix makes a small lunch or side dish.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 1/2 cups near boiling water. Stir until smooth and let sit till cool enough to eat.
- Mug method:
- Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Stir until smooth and let sit till cool enough to eat.
- Add salt to taste, if desired. If too thick, add a bit more water.
For a vegetarian version use vegetable bouillon.