Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Spicy roasted beef with rice casserole.
- 1 c instant rice
- 1⁄4 c dried shredded beef
- 1⁄8 c tomato powder
- 2 T dried onion
- 1 t low sodium beef bouillon
- 1 t dry parsley
- 1⁄2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 c water
- At home pack all the dry ingredients into a quart freezer or sandwich bag.
- FBC method:
- Add one cup near boiling water, stir well, seal tightly and place in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Mug method:
- Add one cup boiling water to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Bring the water to a boil, turn off the stove and add in the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. In cooler temperatures use a pot cozy to insulate.
Ropa Vieja translates to “old clothes” because the shredded beef gives the impression of tattered clothing.[br]Trailhead did a beef roast then shredded it. Afterward she dehydrated it for the meat used in this recipe.[br]See the video we shot of TH making it out in the wilds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynMM-csa8HQ