Roast Chicken with Cranberry Sauce
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description A chicken sauce to serve over your favorite carb that has the taste of Thanksgiving.
- 1⁄4 c dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 c powdered dried cranberries (see notes)
- 1 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1⁄8 t dried thyme
- 1⁄8 t dried sage
- 1⁄8 t ground black pepper
- 1 cn 5 ounce chicken
- 1 pkt grape jelly
- 1⁄4 c water
- At home in a quart freezer bag pack the dry ingredients. Put the jelly and chicken with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add chicken, jelly and 1/4 cup near boiling water to the bag. Mix well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Serve over instant rice or mashed potatoes made in a second freezer bag.
To make powdered cranberries, put the dried berries in the freezer. When hard, run through your blender till powdered, then measure. Freezing removes the stickiness.[br]For a larger serving of meat use a 7-ounce pouch of chicken breast.