Rice & Beans
Description I ate a similar dish through college. Easy to make and it fills you up.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method
- 1⁄2 c instant rice
- 1⁄3 c instant refried beans (pinto or black)
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 2 pkt salsa
- 1 c water
- At home in a quart freezer or sandwich bag pack the dry ingredients. Tuck in the salsa packets with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 cup near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Stir in salsa.
- Mug method:
- Add 1 cup boiling water to ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir in salsa.
For a bigger meal, add in ¼ cup cooked and dehydrated hamburger, freeze dried hamburger or 'beef' TVP. Add an extra ¼ cup hot water.