Red Pepper Curry Chicken & Olive Couscous
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Gourmet couscous
- 2⁄3 c couscous
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried olives
- 3 t red pepper curry dry dressing mix
- 1 t diced dried onion
- 1 pk 7 ounce chicken breast
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Place the chicken and oil with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add the chicken, oil and 1 1/4 cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes.
- Mug method:
- Add the chicken, oil and 1 1/4 cups boiling water to the ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in your pot. Turn off your stove and add in the dry ingredients, chicken and oil. Stir, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. If in cool weather, put your pot in a pot cozy.
- Fluff up after sit time.
If you cannot find any packet of a red pepper curry salad dressing mix, use any dry salad dressing mix and add in a teaspoon or two of mild curry powder.