Red Bean Stew
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Hearty stew with pasta
- 1⁄4 c dried diced carrot
- 1⁄4 c crumbled dried mushrooms
- 1⁄4 c diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 c cooked and dehydrated red kidney beans
- 4 oz cooked and dehydrated small pasta shapes
- 1 t low sodium beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- At home pack everything in a quart freezer bag.
- Add near boiling water to cover the dry items. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
Perk’s recipes call for “cover with water”. You can start with a 1:1 water to dry food ratio and more water as needed as well.[br]For a vegetarian version use vegetable bouillon.