Quick Beef Stroganoff
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description An easy pasta stroganoff
- 1 1⁄3 c broken plain ramen or chuka soba noodles
- 1⁄3 c cooked and dehydrated ground beef or ‘beef’ tvp
- 1⁄3 c crumbled dried mushrooms
- 3 T powdered sour cream
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1 pn ground nutmeg
- 2 c water
- At home pack sour cream powder and nutmeg in a small bag. Remaining ingredients go in a quart freezer bag.
- Pour 2 cups near boiling water into bag. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Drain off the broth carefully into a mug. Add nutmeg and sour cream powder to the bag and any extra broth as needed and mix well.
Save the broth drained off – it makes a great clear soup to sip on with dinner.[br]If you don’t have sour cream powder on hand, a packet of cream cheese (1-ounce) is a good substitute. Add in a packet of ketchup if desired.