Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Soup that will fill you up – a chili with both beans and meat.
- 2 T diced dried onion
- 2 T diced dried bell peppers
- 2 T diced sundried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 c cooked and dehydrated red kidney beans
- 1⁄4 c dehydrated canned hot chili beans
- 1 T tomato powder
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1 t dried garlic
- 1⁄2 t diced dried jalapenos
- 1⁄2 t ground chili pepper
- 1⁄8 t dried oregano, cumin, cinnamon
- 1 c cooked and dehydrated hamburger
- At home pack everything together in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. For long trips, pack the meat separately in a small bag.
- FBC method:
- Add the beef to the bag and top with near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Mug method:
- Add the beef to the mug with dry ingredients. Top with boiling water. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- One pot method:
- Put the dry ingredients in your pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Add more water if necessary. Turn the stove off, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. In cool temperatures use a pot cozy.
Optional: Add a ¼ cup of red wine. Top with a couple of tablespoons of fresh Pico De Gallo packed in.[br]Substitute freeze dried hamburger or TVP ‘hamburger’ flavor.[br]Perk’s recipes is the “cover with water” type. Use your eyes as your guide on how much. For soups a 2: 1 ratio of water to dry food is a good start.