Pepperoni Pasta Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch
Cuisine: No Cook
Description No-cook hearty pasta “salad”.
- 3 oz package ramen (discard flavor packet)
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried vegetables
- 1 pk shelf stable pepperoni slices (see notes)
- 1 oz shelf stable ranch dressing (1 packet)
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home:
- Break the ramen up a bit, put in a quart freezer bag with the vegetables. Pack the cheese in a small bag or take packets. Tuck the salad dressing packet, the pepperoni sleeve and cheese with the bag.
- In camp:
- Add the cool water to the bag, seal tightly. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain off water carefully, add in the pepperoni and dressing, tossing to coat. Sprinkle on the cheese.
This salad is one of the more popular meals we do at trail cooking presentations.[br]For the pepperoni, look in the packaged deli meat section for small packages, 3 1/2 ounce size, of pepperoni. The package will have two sleeves in it. Take one with you, saving the other sleeve for another meal. The pepperoni is safe to carry for as long as you want it till opened. Once opened, eat within a couple hours.[br]Pick whatever freeze dried vegetables you prefer – adding in freeze-dried olives is awesome.
Thank you to Chad of Stick’s Blog for the above photo.