Orange Rice with Salmon
Salmon served with an orange pecan rice pilaf.
Author: Perry Perkins
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 1⁄2 c instant rice
- 1⁄2 c chopped toasted pecans
- 2 T dried parsley
- 2 T diced dried onion
- 1 T dried orange peel
- 2 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 t orange drink mix (such as crystal light or tang)
- 1 pkt foil 3 ounce pink salmon
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack in a quart freezer bag the dry ingredients. Pack the salmon pouch with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add salmon and 1½ cups near boiling water, stir well and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir again.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add salmon and 1½ cups boiling water to dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir again.