Nutty Trails Pilaf
Description Trail mix made into dinner.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 c instant rice
- 1⁄2 c chopped trail mix (no candy!)
- 1 t low sodium vegetable bouillon
- 1 c water
- At home pack the ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 cup near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add 1 cup boiling water to ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
Most trail mixes will work well (think GORP). Dried fruit and coconut are a bonus to add in, just make sure to eat any chocolate or candy that might be in there first!