Mini Trail Sliders
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Messy, but worth it!
- 3⁄4 c freeze dried hamburger
- 2 T freeze dried bell peppers
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 4 t mushroom sauce or gravy mix
- 1 t worcestershire sauce powder
- 1⁄4 t diced dried garlic
- 3⁄4 c water
- 6 mini burger buns
- 2 oz cheese
- Pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer bag and the buns in a separate bag. You can use potato rolls instead of mini slider buns, both work well. Pack the cheese with it.
- Bring the water to a boil and let sit for a minute. Pour in, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Thinly slice the cheese and divide between the buns.
- Stir well and season to taste with black pepper and salt, if desired. Divide the mixture on the buns and serve.
We used shelf stable Swiss cheese. Cheddar or other works well.[br]For ease in prepping, carry a couple small pieces of parchment paper to do the prep work on.[br]You can find the worces. sauce powder, bell peppers and ground beef at www.packitgourmet.com[br]For the blog entry with more photos see here:[br]http://blog.trailcooking.com/2009/09/19/two-lakes-i-had-longed-for/