Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Spicy chicken couscous
- 1⁄3 c couscous
- 2 T freeze-dried vegetable blend
- 1 t dried adobe powder
- 1 t dried chipotle powder
- 1 t dried garlic
- 1 t onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1 cn 3 to 5-ounces chicken
- 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Place the chicken with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 1/2 cup near boiling water and chicken with broth. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up.
- Mug method:
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water and chicken with broth to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up.
For the dried adobe and chipotle powder, puree a can of the stuff and dehydrate until crumbly, run through a food processor/blender until it is almost a powder. Need to do the dehydrating outside, this stuff has a strong smell.