Mashed Potato Burritos
Recipe Type: Dinner, Lunch
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Mashers wrapped up with cheese and salsa.
- 3⁄4 c instant mashed potatoes
- 1 T dry milk
- 1 T butter powder
- 1 T sour cream powder
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 pkt salsa
- 1 oz cheddar or cojack cheese
- 1 c water
- At home:
- Bag the dry ingredients in a pint freezer bag. Put the tortillas in a tightly sealed plastic bag. Tuck in the salsa and cheese with everything.
- On trail:
- Freezer bag method:
- Add the hot water to the quart freezer bag. Stir well, seal and let sit while you prep the cheese.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add the dry ingredients to your mug along with the boiling water. Stir well and let sit while you prep the cheese.
- For both methods:
- Slice the cheese up. Lay down a section of clean paper towel. Place your tortillas down. Spread the mashed potatoes between the two tortillas. Top with cheese, then salsa. Roll up and eat.
In the video I used packets of 505 salsa, though one can use any favorite brand – be it from fast food joints to tubs of it, to home made DIY salsa. For the cheese I used Tillamook’s 3/4 ounce wrapped slices. Good stuff! Out West you can find them often sold individually in grocery stores. Sub in any other brand.[br]Find the butter and sour cream powders at www.packitgourmet.com