Italian Inspired Rice
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Creamy rice and chicken casserole full of cheese.
- 1 c instant rice
- 1 T diced dried spinach
- 1 T tomato powder
- 2 oz tomato & basil cheese
- 1 T italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 c water
- At home in a quart freezer or sandwich bag pack the rice and vegetables. Put the bread crumbs in a small plastic bag and pack with the cheese.
- FBC method:
- Dice the cheese up. Add it and the near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir well and top with the bread crumbs.
- Insulated mug method:
- Dice the cheese up. Add it and the rice bag contents into your mug. Cover with the boiling water and stir well. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir well and top with the bread crumbs.
- One pot method:
- Dice the cheese up. Bring the water to a boil in your pot. Add in the dry ingredients and cheese, stirring well. Turn off the stove, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. (In cold temperatures insulate in a pot cozy.) Stir well and top with the bread crumbs.
The cheese called for in the recipe is made by Northwoods. They make a number of types of shelf stable cheese, coming in 2 ounce wedges. It is a processed cheese, so it melts well.[br]You can use any cheese, natural or processed, preferably a cheddar base as well as Velveeta will work.