Herb Beef with Mushroom Gravy
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Meaty and full of mushrooms the sauce is perfect for topping nearly any carb.
- 1 c cooked and dehydrated hamburger (see notes)
- 1⁄4 c crumbled dried mushrooms
- 1 t low sodium beef bouillon
- 1 t dried garlic
- 1⁄2 t dried thyme
- 1⁄2 t cornstarch
- 1⁄8 t dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄8 t ground black pepper
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 3⁄4 c water
- At home pack all the dry ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Put the olive oil with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add the oil and 3/4 cup near boiling water. Stir, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Serve over instant rice, pasta, couscous or mashed potatoes.
Optional: add 1/4 cup white wine.[br]Substitute freeze dried hamburger or ‘beef’ TVP for the dehydrated hamburger.