Grizz's BBQ Bowl
Description Heart BBQ recipe
Author: Perry Perkins
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method
- 1 c dried hash browns
- 1⁄2 c cooked and dehydrated hamburger or 'beef' tvp
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried corn
- 2 T diced dried bell pepper
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 c french fried style onions
- 2 pkt bbq sauce
- In a quart freezer bag pack the dried items. Put the fried onions in a small plastic bag and tuck in the BBQ sauce packets.
- Add the BBQ sauce to the bag, then cover with nearly boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Top with the fried onions.
Perk's recipes are the "cover with water" style. A good starting ratio of water to dry food is 1:1, adding more if needed.