Greens & Noodles
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, One Pot Meals, Insulated Mug Method, Vegetarian
Description Noodle bowl full of greens.
- 3 oz baked ramen or chuka soba noodles, broken up
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried zucchini slices
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried edamame
- 1 c crumbled freeze-dried spinach
- 1⁄4 t dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 t crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 pkt lower sodium veggie broth or 1 tsp bouillon
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home:
- Pack the dry ingredients except for the cheese in a sandwich or quart freezer bag. Pack the cheese in a small bag and tuck in with the ramen.
- In camp:
- FBC method:
- Add the broth concentrate (if using) and near boiling water to the bag. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Stir well and mix in the cheese.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add the dry ingredients, broth concentrate and boiling water to the mug. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese.
- One pot method:
- Bring the water and broth concentrate to a boil in your pot. Add in the ramen and cook gently boiling for 3 minutes. Turn off the stove and let sit for a couple minutes, covered. Stir in the cheese.
Broth concentrate sticks can be found online at www.packitgourmet.com and also at grocery stores. You can use lower sodium bouillon powder instead – add the to the bag of dry ingredients.[br]For the baked ramen if you cannot find any substitute baked chuka soba (Chinese noodles) for it. Discard the “flavor packet” with the ramen.[br]Nutritional stats:[br]480 Calories / 11 grams Fat / 600 mg Sodium / 9 grams fiber / 26 grams Protein.[br]Weight:[br]4.2 ounces.