Ginger Lemon Chicken
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, One Pot Meals
Description Chinese inspired chicken sauce – perfect for topping a carb of your choice.
- 1 t diced dried onions
- 1 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1⁄2 t ground ginger
- 1⁄2 t lemonade mix (crystal light, country time, etc)
- 1⁄2 t cornstarch
- 1 cn 5 ounce chicken
- 1 pkt soy sauce
- 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Put the chicken and soy sauce with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add chicken, soy sauce and 1/4 cup near boiling water to the bag and mix well. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Serve over instant rice, ramen or mashed potatoes prepared in a second freezer bag.
Optional: For a treat, replace powdered ginger with a chunk of candied ginger, diced. Also, ¼ cup of dry sherry can be added.[br]Substitute a 7-ounce pouch of chicken for a bigger serving.