Garden Veggie Couscous
Description Vegetarian friendly pasta
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, One Pot Meals, Insulated Mug Method, Vegetarian
- 1⁄3 c couscous
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried green peas
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried sweet corn
- 1 T diced dried carrots
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 T dry milk
- 1 1⁄4 t low sodium vegetable bouillon
- 1⁄4 t granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 t dry parsley
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 t dried onion
- 1⁄4 t turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 t kosher salt
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer bag or a sandwich bag depending on method used.
- Add the oil and 1¼ cups near boiling water to the bag. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir before eating.
- Insulated mug-
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mug along with the oil and 1¼ cups boiling water. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir before eating.
- One pot-
- Bring the water and oil to a boil in your pot. Take off the stove, add in the couscous bag, stirring well. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. In cooler weather use a pot cozy to retain heat.
This recipe was developed as a DIY version of Backpacker's Pantry Organic Garden Vegetable Couscous for a cooking presentation.