Edamame Noodle Bowl
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals, Vegetarian
Description Vegetarian noodles full of flavor.
- 3 oz baked ramen or chuka soba noodles
- 1⁄4 c freeze dried edamame
- 2 T freeze dried mushrooms, crumbled
- 1 T freeze dried corn
- 1 T freeze dried green peas
- 1 1⁄2 t low sodium vegetable bouillon
- 1⁄8 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer bag, sealing tightly. Put the soy sauce and sesame oil in a leakproof bottle.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 1/2 cups near boiling water and the sauce to the bag. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and the sauce to the dry ingredients in your mug. Cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water and the sauce to a boil in your pot. Add in the dry ingredients, bring back to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Take off the heat and let sit for a minute or two to cool down.
Weight of meal is around 4 1/2 ounces dry. For the soy sauce you can carry 1 to 2 packets instead if desired.[br]For full information on where to find freeze dried edamame see our blog here:[br]http://blog.trailcooking.com/2009/04/23/freeze-dried-edamame-with-a-recipe/