DIY FBC Mac n' Cheese
Description Leave the boxes behind
Recipe type: Dinner, Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 c dry milk
- 1⁄4 c shelf stable parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1⁄2 t onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1⁄2 t ground black pepper
- 4 oz cooked and dehydrated pasta
- 2 T olive oil (2 packets) or butter
- Mix all ingredients except for pasta and store in a tightly closed container (plastic bag or tub). Keeps for 4 months, stored away from heat. Long term storage in the refrigerator is a good choice. Makes 5 servings.
- Put pasta in a quart freezer bag, ¼ cup of the dry mix in a small bag and pack with oil.
- To use:
- Combine ¼ cup mix with 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil and ¼ cup water. Toss with cooked pasta.
You can find dried cheeses from a number of companies online, that can be used instead of the Parmesan. Use dehydrated cheese, not freeze dried though.