Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking
Description Spicy tomato fish sauce served over rice.
- 2 c instant rice
- 2 T diced dried bell pepper
- 1 t diced dried onion
- 1⁄8 t dried garlic
- 1⁄8 t ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 t mesquite seasoning blend
- 1 pkt spaghetti sauce mix powder
- 1 pk 3 ounces albacore tuna fillets
- 1 pkt soy sauce
- 1 pkt lemon juce or 1 packet true lemon powder
- 1 pkt hot sauce
- 2 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack the rice in a quart freezer bag. Pack the seasonings and spices in a second quart freezer bag, packing the tuna and sauce packets with the bags.
- FBC Hybrid method:
- Add the liquid packets to the second freezer bag of dry spices and 1/2 cup very hot water mixing well. Add tuna to sauce.
- Seal bag tightly and place in cozy.
- Meanwhile, add 2 cups near boiling water to rice bag. Seal tightly and put in cozy for 15 minutes.
- Divide fish, sauce and rice between the two bags and enjoy!