Creamy Spinach Rice
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Reader re-do of recipe
- 1 1⁄2 c instant brown rice
- 1⁄4 c instant wild rice
- 1⁄2 c cooked and dehydrated hamburger (see notes)
- 1⁄2 c freeze-dried peas
- 1 pkt knorr cream of spinach soup mix
- 2 c water
- At home:
- Package the dry ingredients into a quart freezer bag.
- In camp:
- Add 2 cups near boiling water, stir well and seal tightly. Put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
This recipe is a take off of 2 recipes in our first book, Freezer Bag Cooking: Trail Food Made Simple. Miss-Q, who came up with this recipe, also has a recipe of hers on page 82 as well![br]You can use freeze-dried hamburger or ‘beef’ flavored TVP instead of the hamburger.[br]Instant wild rice can be found online, or cook and dehydrate your own at home.