Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Rice
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Creamy rice and chicken, using our cream of mushroom soup mix.
- 1 cup instant rice, white or brown
- 5 Tbsp dry cream of mushroom soup mix
- 2 Tbsp shelf-stable Parmesan cheese (the green can kind)
- Also take:
- 1 packet (half of package) chicken nuggets, or a 3 ounce can of chicken breast, with pull-top
- FBC Method:
- Bring 1¼ cups water to a near boil, add to rice bag along with chicken and broth, stirring. Seal tightly and put in a FBC cozy, let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Cuff bag down, stir well.
- Insulated Mug Method:
- Bring 1¼ cups water to boil, add it to an insulated mug with chicken and broth and dry ingredients, stir and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes, stir well.
- One Pot Method:
- Bring 1¼ cups water to boil in a pot, add in chicken with broth and rice mixture. Take off heat, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. In cooler temperatures or at altitude, use a pot cozy. Stir well.