Cranberry Couscous Pilaf
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method
Description Sweet/savory pilaf
- 1 c couscous
- 1⁄3 c dried cranberries
- 2 T diced dried onion
- 2 t low sodium chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack the oil with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 1/2 cups near boiling water and oil. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Fluff up.
- Mug method:
- Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and oil to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up.
- Add salt to taste, if desired.
More protein option: 1 5-ounce can or 7-ounce pouch of chicken added with the water step.