Cranberry Chicken Rice
Description Savory/sweet chicken and rice.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method
- 1 c instant rice
- 3 T dried cranberries
- 2 T dried vegetable blend or freeze-dried vegetables
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 t diced dried onion
- 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1 cn 3 to 5 ounces chicken
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients into a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Place the can of chicken with it.
- FBC method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 1¼ cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put into a
- cozy for 15 minutes. Fluff up and salt to taste if desired.
- Mug method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 1¼ cups boiling water to the dry ingredients in your mug. Stir well, tightly cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff up and salt to taste if desired.
There was a reason it became the flagship recipe for FBC. It was easy, quick to pack, filled you up and tasted good. It also signified something else - only a few days later we took www.freezerbagcooking.com live. It was over Thanksgiving Weekend in 2004. It has been fun - from some of the first recipes have come 100’s more each year. The book, the cozy all came out of that one lunch all those years ago.
This recipe is from Freezer Bag Cooking: Trail Food Made Simple.