Cranberry Chicken Rice
Description Savory/sweet chicken and rice.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method
- 1 c instant rice
- 3 T dried cranberries
- 2 T dried vegetable blend or freeze-dried vegetables
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 t diced dried onion
- 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1 cn 3 to 5 ounces chicken
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients into a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Place the can of chicken with it.
- FBC method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 1¼ cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put into a
- cozy for 15 minutes. Fluff up and salt to taste if desired.
- Mug method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 1¼ cups boiling water to the dry ingredients in your mug. Stir well, tightly cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff up and salt to taste if desired.
There was a reason it became the flagship recipe for FBC. It was easy, quick to pack, filled you up and tasted good. It also signified something else - only a few days later we took www.freezerbagcooking.com live. It was over Thanksgiving Weekend in 2004. It has been fun - from some of the first recipes have come 100’s more each year. The book, the cozy all came out of that one lunch all those years ago.