Cranberry Chicken Rice Version 2
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Sweet and savory chicken rice.
- 1 c instant rice
- 1⁄4 c dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried vegetable blend
- 1 t diced dried onions
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 pk 4 ounces garlic and herb chicken breast
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 pkt chicken stock broth concentrate
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack along the chicken breast package, oil broth packet and place cheese in a small plastic bag.
- FBC method:
- Add the chicken with broth, oil and concentrate to the bag along with 1 1/4 cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Fluff up and stir in cheese.
- Insulated mug method:
- Follow above directions, adding everything to your mug, Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Proceed as above.
- One pot method:
- In your pot combine the oil, chicken with broth, concentrate and 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, add in dry ingredients. Stir well, turn off heat. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. If in cold weather, put your pot in a pot cozy. Fluff up and stir in cheese.