Cranberry Almond Tabouli
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals, Vegetarian
Description Hearty vegan friendly bulgur recipe great for breakfast or lunch.
- 1 pk tabouli salad mix (see notes)
- 1⁄4 c dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 c diced unsalted almonds
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- Pack everything into a quart freezer or sandwich bag, depending on method used.
- FBC method:
- Add near boiling water to the bag, stirring well. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Fluff up and divide.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mug along with the boiling water. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up and divide between bowls or mugs.
- One pot method:
- Bring water to a boil, turn off your stove. Add in the dry ingredients, stirring well. Cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. In cool weather use a pot cozy. Fluff up and divide.
For more information on the items used in the recipe as well as other notes see the blog entry:[br]http://blog.trailcooking.com/2009/06/19/recipe-re-do-cranberry-almond-ta…[br]Nutritional stats:[br]For two servings total the stats for each person is:[br]445 Calories / 9 grams Fat / 13 grams Protein / 15 grams Fiber / 1,100 mg Sodium. (Sadly, due to the boxed mix is why the sodium is so high.)[br]The recipe dry weighs in at 8.6 ounces.