Corn Salsa Beans and Rice
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals, Vegetarian
Description Hearty veg friendly recipe.
- 1 c instant rice
- 2 T cooked and dehydrated kidney beans
- 1 T diced dried bell peppers
- 2 T dehydrated corn salsa
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- FBC method:
- Add 1 1/4 cups near boiling water and stir well. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Meanwhile dice up the cheese. Stir again to fluff up and fold in the cheese.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add 1 1/4 cups boiling water to the dry ingredients and stir well. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Meanwhile dice up the cheese. Stir again to fluff up and fold in the cheese.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil. Add in the dry ingredients, stirring well. Turn off the stove and cover tightly. Let sit for 15 minutes. In cold weather insulate in a pot cozy. Dice up the cheese and fold in, stirring well.
- Serves 1.
This recipe is quick and easy. You can use it as a burrito filling as well![br]For the corn salsa called for you can dry any favorite fresh or jarred version you like. Salsa is easy to dehydrate and great to have on hand. If you don’t want to do that, take a couple packets of salsa with you instead.