Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Irish style Mashers
- 3⁄4 c instant mashed potatoes
- 2 T butter powder
- 2 T dry milk
- 2 T shelf stable bacon or bacon bits
- 2 T dried shredded cabbage
- 1 T diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack everything a quart freezer or sandwich bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 1/4 cups near boiling water to the bag. Stir well, getting into the corners. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir again before serving.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add 1 1/4 cups boiling water to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir again before serving.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil. Turn off the stove and in the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir again before serving. In cold temperatures you may want to put your pot in a pot cozy.
- Add salt to taste, if desired.
Find the dried vegetables online at www.harmonyhousefoods.com[br]-The bacon can be left out for a vegetarian version or for a more “meatier” version use a 3 or 5 ounce can of chicken, added with the water.