Chicken Satay Rice
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Spicy, creamy coconut rice with lots of peanut butter.
- 1 c instant rice
- 2 T dried natural coconut
- 1 T coconut cream powder
- 1 t dry satay mix
- 1⁄4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 pkt soy sauce
- 1 cn 3 ounce chicken
- 1 pkt peanut butter (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack the soy sauce, peanut butter and chicken along with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add to the bag the soy sauce, chicken with broth, peanut butter and 1 cup near boiling
- water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir again.
- Mug method:
- Add the soy sauce, chicken with broth, peanut butter and 1 cup boiling water to the dry ingredients.
- Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir again.
- One pot method:
- Add the soy sauce, chicken with broth, peanut butter and 1 cup water to your pot, bring to a boil. Take off the stove and add in the dry ingredients, stirring well. Cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes, using a pot cozy in cooler temperatures.
Find the soy sauce and peanut butter packets on www.minimus.biz or www.packitgourmet.com – Packitgourmet also carries the coconut cream powder, as does www.importfood.com[br]Dry satay mix can be found in Asian grocery stores and many large grocery stores or online from www.importfood.com[br]3-ounce cans of chicken are sold in 3 packs in most grocery stores, 5 ounce cans can be substituted.