Chicken Ranch Tater Trash-erole
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Masher casserole
- 3⁄4 c instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 c dried hash browns
- 2 T dry milk
- 1 T dry ranch dip mix
- 1 T diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 cn 3 ounces chicken
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Put the chicken and cheese with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Dice the cheese. Add 1 1/4 cups near boiling water, the can of chicken with broth and 3/4 of the cheese to the bag. Stir well, seal tightly, pushing out the air and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Stir again and top with the remaining cheese.
- Mug method:
- Dice the cheese. Add 1 1/4 cups boiling water, the chicken with broth, 3/4 of the cheese and the dry ingredients to a large insulated mug. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir again and top with the remaining cheese.
- One pot method:
- Dice the cheese. Bring 1 1/4 cups water and the chicken with broth to a boil in your pot. Take off the heat, add in the dry ingredients and 3/4 of the cheese, stirring well. Let sit for 10 minutes tightly covered (in cooler temperatures use a pot cozy), then stir again and top with the remaining cheese.
Instant dried hash browns can be found in many grocery stores, often near the instant mashed potatoes or you can dehydrate bags of frozen hash browns (look for ones with no oil added).[br]We used a natural version of the ranch dressing mix: http://www.frontiercoop.com/products.php?ct=dfmds&cn=Ranch+Dip[br]If you like more chicken use 5 ounce can or 7 ounce pouch if desired.[br]The cheese sticks can be found in most grocery stores and you can swap out flavors, look for pepper jack for more spice!