Chicken & Peas
Description Simple and easy, this rice pilaf will please most tummies.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 2 c instant rice
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried peas
- 1⁄4 c shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 2 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 t butter powder
- 1 cn 5 ounce chicken
- 2 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack the chicken with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 2¼ cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Mug method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 2¼ cups boiling water to ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
Find butter powder online or in baking specialty stores. You can also use "butter flavor" such as Molly McButter or Butter Buds, found in the herb and spice section of most grocery stores.