Chicken Mushroom Rice
Description Chicken and mushrooms in a pilaf.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 1⁄2 c instant rice
- 1⁄4 c crumbled dried mushrooms
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 2 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 pk 7 ounce chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home in a quart freezer or sandwich bag pack the dry ingredients. Pack the chicken with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 1½ cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
- Mug method:
- Add the chicken with broth and 1½ cups boiling water. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.