Chicken Gravy Rice
Description Blue plate specials
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 c instant rice
- 2 t chicken gravy mix
- 1 t diced dried shallots or onion
- 1⁄2 t worcestershire sauce powder
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 cn 3-ounces chicken
- 1 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack the chicken can with the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 cup near boiling water and the chicken, stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Fluff up before eating.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add 1 cup boiling water and the chicken to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1 cup water and the chicken to a boil in your pot. Add in the rice, turn off the stove, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. In cool weather use a pot cozy.
Find the Worcestershire powder here: