Chicken Curry Rice
Description Mild curry full of raisins, apples and chicken.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 c instant rice
- 2 T golden raisins
- 2 T diced dried apples
- 2 t diced dried onion
- 1 t butter powder (see notes)
- 1⁄8 t ground allspice
- 1⁄8 t ground cinnamon
- 2 T diced toasted nuts (your choice)
- 1 cn 5 ounce chicken
- 1 c water
- 1 t mild curry powder
- At home in a quart freezer or sandwich bag pack the dry ingredients. Put the nuts in a small plastic bag and pack the chicken with everything.
- FBC method: Add 1 cup near boiling and chicken with broth. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir in the nuts.
- Mug method: Add 1 cup boiling water and chicken with broth. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir in the nuts.
Butter powder can be found online or at baking specialty stores. You can substitute butter flavor, such as Molly McButter or Butter Buds. Find in most grocery stores in the herb and spice section.