Cheesy Bacon Mashers
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Mashed potatoes full of bacon and cheese
- 1 1⁄2 c instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄3 c dry milk
- 3 T cheese sauce powder
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 3 T shelf stable bacon or bacon bits
- 2 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack everything in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. If using shelf stable bacon, pack it separately.
- FBC method:
- Add the bacon and 2 1/4 cups near boiling water. Stir well and let sit till cool enough to eat.
- Mug method:
- Add the bacon and 2 1/4 cups boiling water. Stir well and let sit till cool enough to eat.
Find cheese sauce powder online or in some grocery stores. Cheese sauce powder from boxed mac n’ cheese can be used instead, or dice up 1-ounce of cheddar cheese, add with hot water.