Broccoli Walnut Chicken Rice
Description Chicken and walnuts make this a high protein recipe.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot MEals
- 1 c instant brown rice
- 2 T diced dried broccoli
- 2 T diced walnuts
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 cn 3 ounces chicken
- 1 c water
- 2 t chicken gravy dry mix (organic if possible)
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Put the cheese in a small plastic bag and place with the chicken and oil.
- FBC method:
- Add the oil, chicken with broth and 1 cup near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for
- minutes. Stir again and top with the cheese.
- Mug method:
- Add the oil, chicken with broth and 1 cup boiling water to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and
- let sit for 15 minutes. Stir again and top with the cheese.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1 cup water, oil and chicken with broth to a boil in your pot. Add in the dry ingredients, stir well and turn off the stove. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes If cold outside use a pot cozy. Stir again and top with cheese.
For ease, use packets of Parmesan cheese - 2 to 3 will suffice.