Beef & Onion Trash-erole
Description If you grew up on casseroles, you will know this one!
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 c instant rice
- 1 T diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 T diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 T french onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 c water
- 1 T cooked and dehydrated hamburger or 'beef' tvp
- At home pack the dry ingredients into a quart freezer or sandwich bag.
- FBC method:
- Add 1¼ cups near boiling water. Stir well and seal tightly. Put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Fluff up.
- Mug method:
- Add 1¼ cups boiling water to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff up.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1¼ cups water to a boil, add in the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and take off the stove. Let sit for 10 minutes. In cool temperatures use a pot cozy.